No matter the type of business you are in, you more than likely have to attend networking events regularly whether you are a new or seasoned professional.
1. If you collect a ton of business cards at an event, grab a piece of paper, label it with the event name and date, and rubber band it together. Do not forget to write notes to those you connected with.
2. Have your elevator speech ready and practiced, so it comes out natural.
3. Wear something comfortable.
4. Keep your hand-shaking hand free of cold drinks.
5. Make an authentic connection by customizing your LinkedIn invite.
– Taylor Ketchum, The Oklahoma 100